Salem’s Lutherans For Life
Lutherans For Life (LFL) is so much more than an organization that produces facts and figures and keeps people informed on the latest life related news and political maneuverings. LFL is about speaking the truth of life—about Bringing Good News to Life. LFL applies the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the life issues, making Jesus known as the Son of God and Savior of all who can help and make a difference in people’s lives.
The focus of Lutherans For Life is two-fold. First, we desire to say very clearly that death is not an acceptable, God-pleasing way to deal with the problems of life. Second, we desire to say very clearly that there is a better way. We ground both of these in the truth of God’s holy Word. His Word defines what is not acceptable. His Word points to a better way, He who is The Way, Jesus Christ.
- Lutherans For Life Mission: Equipping Lutherans to be Gospel-motivated voices For Life.
- Lutherans For Life Vision: Every Lutheran congregation upholding the God-given value of human life and influencing society to do the same.
- Lutherans For Life believes that every human life—from conception to natural death regardless of physical or mental challenges or condition of dependence—is precious in God’s sight.
- Lutherans For Life members serve as volunteers in caring pregnancy centers, facilitate educational programs, aid hospice, and give witness to chastity before marriage and faithfulness in marriage.
- Lutherans For Life offers counsel, hope, healing, and reconciliation with Jesus Christ through Word of Hope(888-217-8679; www.word-of-hope.org) to women and men who are experiencing the aftermath of an abortion.
- Lutherans For Life seeks to change hearts and minds through the Word of God, trusting that changed people will seek to change laws.
Our prayer is that together we can stand for the value and dignity of all human life from the youngest to the oldest, the preborn to the elderly, the weakest to the strongest. Jesus said, “I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these … you did it to me” ( ESV). May we see the face of Jesus Christ in all people.
We invite all Lutherans to help us Bring Good News to Life, to make the connection between the life issues and the Good News of Jesus. Instead of a “god of death,” we offer the Lord of Life as the one who rescues from sin and death and who gives the hope of His eternal presence.
For more information about Lutherans For Life or to become an active member of North County Chapter #246 please call the church office 314.741.6781
40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ (ESV)